Sunday, July 18, 2010

The WisCon Chronicles, Volume 5: Call for Materials

Nisi Shawl writes:

I am editing the WisCon Chronicles Volume 5. I'm looking for essays between 1000 and 6000 words long, on the theme of "Writing and Racial Identity," with the focus on WisCon 34--panels, discussions, and other events. I want written contributions from people who attended WisCon 34. I will need these contributions by August 27. Photos, drawings, poems, interviews, and (very) short fiction will also be considered for this book.

I will need informal proposals for contributions on or before July 26. Proposals must include the following:

* Your name--your legal name, and any aliases you may have used at WisCon 34 and/or online
* The length (wordcount) of the contribution if applicable
* The nature of the contribution (essay, panel report, memoir, interview, survey, photo, cartoon, etc.)
* A very general outline of the topic covered, running about one to three lines, or approximately one paragraph
* If the contribution relates to a specific WisCon 34 event, such as a particular panel, the bake sale, etc., note that in your proposal.
* If the contribution has appeared elsewhere or will appear elsewhere within the next two years let me know; your piece may or may not be eligible for inclusion, and we'll need to discuss this.

Email your proposals in the body of the email's text by July 26 at the very latest. Do not send attachments. I'm not opening them. Don't send them. Just write (briefly) about what you're going to do in your email.


Please respond to nisisNOSPAM@aolDOTcom. Thanks so much for considering this call. Nisi Shawl

3 comments:

Nancy Jane Moore said...

Point of clarification, Nisi: I just want to be sure "NOSPAM" is part of your email address.

Nisi said...

Good question, Nancy Jane. No, it's not part of my address. Just a way of defeating spambots. I hope.

Nancy Jane Moore said...

I thought that might be the case. I'll send something your way as soon as I finish putting my idea together clearly.