Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Home again, from WisCon 37

I wanted to post from WisCon, to bring you photos and reports (however brief), but it turned out, as has usually been the case over the last few WisCons, that my every brain-functioning moment was jammed full with engagement. I love nothing more than engagement, whether it's with tests, ideas, or live conversations, but for me, engagement has a downside (though one I can easily live with): I can't adequately report on it (much less reflect on it) while it's in progress. (Pace the twitter coverage of this year's WisCon.) Hence, my regretted silence here. I hope to offer up some reports and reflections in the days to come, but I can't promise. (Because of all those books Aqueduct launched at WisCon, I've come home to a mountain of work.) The photo of me, by the way, is from one of the Aqueduct Press readings held at Michelangelo's, around the corner from the Madison Concourse.

In the meantime, let me point you to a post by Jeff VanderMeer for Ominvoracious, which I think as a complement to my post of May 10, Last Night at the Seattle Public Library: Translation as an Act of Love: Ursula K. Le Guin and Squaring the Circle. As he often does for his Omnivoracious posts, Jeff contacted Ursula to supplement his review. Really, it's all about the beauty and the love.

No comments: